Ray C. Call, Inc.
A member of the UC Board of Trustees owned a Detroit Diesel Distributorship. He indicated he was a salesman, not a manager, and offered me the position of Vice-President of his company of 300+ employees. Within six months I discovered the company was near bankruptcy. General Motors and the mortgage holding bank, convened a meeting and I was elected President of the company with the specific charge to reverse the financial losses, which were over $1 million at the time. Within 15-months the company reached a profit of $1.5 million and one year later over $2 million. Shortly thereafter I purchased the company and expanded sales from $10 million annually to over $30 million.
Bliss Enterprises, Inc.
While still owning Ray C. Call company, I recognized a need for remanufactured diesel engine components at a reasonable cost. An empty plant was located in Cambridge, Ohio, consisting of a new facility with 125,000 square feet of floor space and was well suited for a manufacturing operation. Within three years we had 100 employees and over $8 million in annual sales throughout the Eastern U.S.
R.L.Bliss & Associates, Inc.
After selling both companies (above) this company was created. My background, to that point, had been turning around organizations in difficulty, either financially, with management issues, training and/or communication problems, marketing – in essence every one was an organization in trouble. This company was established to address similar situations in a wide variety of organizations.
In a relatively short period of time we had clients from Texas, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Florida and West Virginia. During this time, four companies asked me to take over as CEO for a limited period of time to reverse specific problems. In each my tenure as determined by one of the following: When the company was profitable or two years, whichever came first. Organizations engaging me were:
>> Client: Everest College
- Headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, Everst College is the main division of Corinthian Colleges, Inc, one of the largest for-profit, post-secondary education companies in North America. Corinthian focuses educating on career-oriented students and has more than 110,000 students enrolled in about 100 schools in the US. Corinthian offers some 20 online degrees through Everest College.
>> Client: WV Home Health Care
- Largest agency in WV
>> Client: Persinger’s Supply
- A major mining equipment supplier in WV. Persinger Supply Company has been providing its customers quality products and dependable service for over 100 years. Persinger’s Mine Supply Division operates as a wholesale distributor of maintenance, repair and operating supplies to the coal industry.
- The company’s Consumer Product Division is a distributor of consumer products to hardware, plumbing, heating, floor covering, and appliance retailers. As a value-added distributor, Persinger offers customers a diverse selection of products, personalized service, and ordering flexibility.
- The company carries approximately 10,000 SKUs in inventory, including many top brands. Retailers not only benefit from low-order minimums and next-day delivery, but also take advantage of Persinger’s in-house advertising, catalog, credit financing and product training capabilities.
>> Client: Process Strategies, Inc.
- Process Strategies is the largest clinical psychology company in WV